Cassoulet, the traditional country stew of Southern France, is the ultimate comfort food when the chill starts to set in the air. Learn to create and enjoy our version of this sumptuous union of white beans, duck, sausage and pork all slowly cooked in an earthenware vessel. This perfect-for-cold-weather dish will be expertly paired with a special selection of Cakebread Cellars estate cabernets to enhance the flavors of your creations.
- Alsatian Onion & Bacon Tart
- Smoked Sturgeon Pate with Apple & Fennel
- Baked Roast Oysters with Spinach & White Wine Sauce
At the table
- Pumpkin and Chestnut Soup
- Cassoulet with Duck Confit, Toulouse Sausage, Tarbais Beans & Garlic Breadcrumbs
- Profiteroles with Coffee Ice Cream, Brandy Soaked French Prunes & Chocolate Sauce
All classes are participation style and include the class, a tour of the winery and culinary gardens (weather permitting), an appetizer reception and a three-course lunch paired with Cakebread Cellars wines. All participants leave with a Cakebread Cellars apron, a booklet of recipes and wine notes from the day, some great memories and quite often, new friends!