Located in the heart of Lodi's fabulous wine country; start your weekend off learning about and tasting fresh extra virgin olive oil and our custom boutique wines. Tour and tasting led by our Master Miller, Mike Coldani and Certified Sommelier, Benjamin Caldwell. This educational tour is designed to give you some history of our family-operated company as well as teach you about how extra virgin olive oil is made, along with our boutique wines.
Come join us as we teach you about the orchards on our property and show you a detailed harvest video of how we process our oils. The tour is then followed by olive oil and wine tasting.
• Enjoy a taste of our Calivines Sparkling Blanc de Blancs to start the tour.
• This tour is offered on select dates for a maximum of 12-14 people per tour.
• The tour starts by learning about how the Calivirgin brand started, growing olives, varietal variances, and differences between traditional hand-picked olives and newer mechanized harvesting techniques.
• The tour then moves inside where a video will show our olive oil-making process from tree to bottle. You will learn the difference between infused oils and fused oils and why Calivirgin has won over 800 awards and medals making them one of the most awarded olive oil companies in the U.S.
• Following the video a short tasting class will walk you through tasting 5 of our olive oils and 5 of our wines teaching you proper tasting techniques.
• The tour will end finishing up in our tasting room where many of our oils and wines are available for tasting or purchase.
• Duration: 1.5 - 2 hours.
• Dress: Come as you are! Orchard visit guests stand on a gravel road.
If you are interested in learning more about our offerings, please fill out the request form and we will contact you to discuss details.Request information