We want to help you run a better business, and create experiences your guests will never forget.
Associate Account Manager — Chicago, IL
Tock is reimagining how chefs, restaurants, and wineries across the world run their businesses and manage reservations.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005 - now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Knowing there had to be a solution, Nick started work on a new reservation system. The homemade platform was a success, nearly eliminating no-shows and dramatically improving the guest experience. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn this simple idea into a robust platform to change the way people dine.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of April 2019):
- Reached a global customer base of over 20 countries operating in 100+ cities
- Has now processed over $480 million in prepaid reservations
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with Chase Pay & Ultimate Rewards
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with WineDirect
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
As an Associate Account Manager, you will help to support our Account Management team through the software implementation process, client relationships, performance analysis and customer success on Tock’s platform. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of being detail oriented, demonstrates excellent communication skills and has the ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1-2 years of account management/customer service in B2B software (SaaS preferred)
- Must be a quick learner with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and writing skills
- Experience analyzing data and presenting results
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Experience using Salesforce and G Suite
What you’ll do
- Assist with multiple implementations, while maintaining on-time deliverables
- Develop new customer project plans and keeping them up-to-date
- Partner with Account Managers on customer calls and related follow-up
- Play an integral role in transitioning customers from implementation to launch
- Monitor customer success, identify any risks, and present solutions
- Organize, investigate, and resolve issues in a timely and effective manner
- Conduct periodic client satisfaction follow-ups
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch
- Nitro coffee on tap
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.