Engineering ManagerChicago, IL
Tock is the only all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Tock’s explosive growth:
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" for 2021
- Awarded Built In’s “2021 Best Places to Work”
- Awarded America’s Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with Chase Pay & Ultimate Rewards and WineDirect
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
About the position
In this role, you'll be hands-on, participating in all aspects of software development while providing technical leadership to a team of software engineers. You'll be helping us build the next generation restaurant ticketing system, based on the tried and true (and proven) system deployed at world-class restaurants such as Alinea, Next, The French Laundry, and more. The ideal candidate has both technical and leadership experience and isn't afraid to jump in the trenches and lead by example. Our team is pretty small, and undergoing exponential growth, so there's a great opportunity for you to make a difference.
What we’re looking for
What you’ll do
- Manage a team of Software Engineers, including task planning and the occasional code review.
- Share knowledge with team members via a mentoring relationship, reviewing code, giving technical talks, or as a consultant on projects.
- Contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development of best practices, and new technologies. Be a leader within your team and the organization.
- Build next-generation web applications that are fast and responsive.
- Be able to build a feature or enhancement, starting with engineering design taking it all the way to production.
- Work closely with Product Management to ensure we're building great products.
- Demonstrate problem solving and technical innovation capable of "rolling-up sleeves" and "getting hands dirty".
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.