We are an extremely passionate group dedicated to changing the world of reservations.
Finance Intern — Chicago, IL
Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business. This includes a robust reservation, guest, and table management system for businesses of all sizes across the globe.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005 - now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Knowing there had to be a solution, Nick started work on a new reservation system. The homemade platform was a success. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn this simple idea into a robust platform to change the way people dine around the world.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of April 2019):
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with Chase Pay & Ultimate Rewards
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with WineDirect
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 23 countries operating in 100+ cities
- Has now processed over $450 million in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
As a Finance Intern you will be integral to the operations of Tock. You will be responsible for managing our customers’ plans and billing set up, banking activity, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger integrity. As a Finance Intern, you will work with a roster of esteemed restaurants and gain an understanding of the startup tech industry and software as a service (SaaS). The successful candidate is currently pursuing an Accounting, Finance or Business degree, is detail oriented, manages their time well, demonstrates excellent communication skills and likes to laugh.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree In Progress
- Ability to work 20 hours per week and full time during the Summer
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to understand the terminology used in the hospitality industry
- Must be a quick learner with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Experience using Excel
What you’ll do
- Assist with new customer set up, billing and requests
- Process daily cash deposits and payments
- Manage Accounts Receivable and follow up with customers as needed
- Gain exposure to Financial Statement management
- Ad hoc projects as time permits
What we offer
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Fun and relaxed atmosphere
- Free daily lunch
- Nitro coffee on tap
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.