We are an extremely passionate group dedicated to changing the world of reservations.
Implementation Engineer — Chicago, IL
Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and event organizers think about and run their business. This includes a robust reservation, guest, and table management system for businesses of all sizes across the globe.
Tock was founded with the idea there was a better way for guests to book reservations. Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005 - now a perennial Michelin three star, and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Nick started work on a crude reservation system. The homemade platform was a success. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn this simple idea into a robust platform to change the way people dine around the world.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of December 2018):
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with Chase Pay & Ultimate Rewards
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with WineDirect
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 21 countries operating in 100+ cities
- Has now processed over $402 million in prepaid reservations
What we’re looking for
What you’ll do
- Write code to build re-usable data import, installation tools to enhance the growth of the company
- Work closely with the Engineering team to enhance the architecture for large-scale and fast-paced growth
- Analyze customer's requirements and provide technical solutions for a smooth transition to Tock
- Manage the new customer implementation and onboarding process from start to finish
- Enable smooth hand over from implementation to technical support
- Collect customer feedback, feature requests, and share findings across Tock Product and Engineering teams
- Organize, investigate, and resolve issues in a timely and effective manner
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Pre-tax transit benefit
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch
- Nitro coffee on tap
- BYOD (bring your own dog) to work
Please submit your resume and cover letter using the link below.