Marketing Coordinator — Chicago, IL
Tock is reimagining how chefs, restaurants, and wineries across the world run their businesses and manage reservations.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005 - now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Knowing there had to be a solution, Nick started work on a new reservation system. The homemade platform was a success, nearly eliminating no-shows and dramatically improving the guest experience. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn this simple idea into a robust platform to change the way people dine.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of June 2019):
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 23 countries operating in 100+ cities
- Has now processed over half a billion dollars in prepaid reservations
What We’re Looking For
The Tock marketing team is looking for a quick, creative, and detail-oriented person to join our rapidly growing company. People who do well on this team are self-motivated, eager to dive into projects that might fall outside their comfort zone, and are motivated to move quickly while delivering great results.
What You’ll Do
- Project manage our guest marketing email efforts, including organizing the content calendar, building campaigns in MailChimp, updating audience lists, selecting images, and QA’ing each email before delivery.
- Lead our customer launch success program, which requires coordination with the Account Management team to write/design/develop announcement emails, design social graphics, build AdWords campaigns, and ensure that each customer’s launch is a success.
- Research key editors in each new market we enter in order to prepare draft PR pitches.
- Build and maintain an asset library of high-resolution photos for each customer we work with (Warning: this particular task may result in a level of hunger that even our free daily lunch can’t satiate).
- 1-3 years of experience working in a marketing role
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, dependability, and a desire to learn and move fast
- Type A level of dedication to project management and coordination
- Experience with graphic design programs (Adobe, Figma, Sketch, etc) a plus
- Bachelors degree in marketing or equivalent preferred
The marketing team brings a broad range of skills to the table across strategy, design, coding, and creative writing. We work in a close-knit environment with the shared objective of growing global interest and awareness of Tock across the restaurant, winery, and event industries. We use a data-driven approach to identify the most effective marketing channels. We pride ourselves on test-and-learn strategies and aren’t afraid to be a bit audacious (it’s easy when your CEO encourages it). The team is creative, nimble, and passionate about helping not only our customers succeed in a very competitive market, but also helping guests discover and experience something uniquely delicious.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch
- Nitro coffee on tap
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.