Marketing CoordinatorChicago, IL
Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe. This includes a robust reservation, pickup and delivery, guest, and table management system for businesses of all sizes.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005—now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. From the start they were spending an average of $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations, problems Nick wanted to solve. Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to do just that — to design and develop a new, robust reservation platform to change the way people around the world search, book, and dine.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of May 2020):
- Awarded Built In’s “2020 Best Places to Work”
- Announced Tock’s platform will be powering JP Morgan Chase’s new Dining Program
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed almost $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
What We’re Looking For
The Tock marketing team is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to project manage and contribute to our most important marketing efforts.
What You’ll Do
- Project manage our guest marketing email efforts, including building campaigns, updating audience lists, selecting images, all the way through proofreading and delivery.
- Build/optimize our paid social and display campaigns based on insights provided by our marketing analyst.
- Lead our customer launch success program, which requires coordination with the Account Management team to write/design/develop announcement emails, design social graphics, build AdWords campaigns, and ensure a smooth launch for all new restaurants on Tock.
- Build and maintain an asset library of high-resolution photos for each customer we work with (This particular task may result in an insatiable hunger).
- 1-3 years of marketing experience
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, dependability, and a desire to learn and move exceptionally fast
- Type A project management skills
- Basic familiarity with design programs a plus
- Mastery of Excel and working knowledge of Salesforce, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, and Google Ads (search and display)
The Marketing team has the exciting job of growing interest and awareness of Tock globally across our top markets and specifically within the restaurant and winery industries. The team takes a data-driven approach to identify the most effective marketing channels. We pride ourselves on test and learn strategies and aren’t afraid to be a bit audacious (It’s easy when your CEO encourages it). The team is creative, nimble and passionate about helping not only our customers succeed in a very competitive market, but also helping guests discover and experience something uniquely delicious.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.