Marketing and Growth Manager — Paid Social & Display — Chicago, IL
Tock is reimagining how chefs, restaurants, and wineries across the world run their businesses and manage reservations.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005 - now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Knowing there had to be a solution, Nick started work on a new reservation system. The homemade platform was a success, nearly eliminating no-shows and dramatically improving the guest experience. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn this simple idea into a robust platform to change the way people dine.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of June 2019):
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 23 countries operating in 100+ cities
- Has now processed over half a billion dollars in prepaid reservations
About The Position
The Tock marketing team is looking for a Marketing and Growth Manager to lead Tock’s paid social & display advertising efforts. In this role you will coordinate with marketing and sales leadership to develop and implement campaigns to increase Tock’s brand awareness in key markets and drive inbound leads.
What You’ll Do
- Partner cross-functionally to execute brand awareness and lead generation campaigns in priority markets identified by sales leadership
- Own strategy and media planning across multiple paid social and display channels including Facebook, Google Display Network, LinkedIn, and Twitter for acquisition and remarketing campaigns with a focus on CPA and LTV
- Drive profitable growth in leads, customers, and revenue
- Build reporting dashboards and provide reporting to stakeholders
- Develop a deep understanding of our product, audience, and the customer’s journey
- 5-10 years of performance marketing, preferably in B2B SaaS environment
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, initiative, motivation, and a track record of “get it done”
- Experience managing a team of media buyers/analysts
- Understanding of how advertising, landing pages and conversion rate optimization work together
- Mastery of Excel, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, Google Ads (Display and Search)
- Experience with Salesforce, Supermetrics, Crazy Egg, and SQL a plus
- Bachelors degree in marketing or equivalent preferred
The marketing team brings a broad range of skills to the table across strategy, design, coding, and creative writing. We work in a close-knit environment with the shared objective of growing global interest and awareness of Tock across the restaurant, winery, and event industries. We use a data-driven approach to identify the most effective marketing channels. We pride ourselves on test-and-learn strategies and aren’t afraid to be a bit audacious (it’s easy when your CEO encourages it). The team is creative, nimble, and passionate about helping not only our customers succeed in a very competitive market, but also helping guests discover and experience something uniquely delicious.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch
- Nitro coffee on tap
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.