We want to help you run a better business, and create experiences your guests will never forget.
Office Manager / Executive Assistant — Chicago, IL
Tock is reimagining how chefs, restaurants, and wineries across the world run their businesses and manage reservations.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005 - now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Knowing there had to be a solution, Nick started work on a new reservation system. The homemade platform was a success, nearly eliminating no-shows and dramatically improving the guest experience. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn this simple idea into a robust platform to change the way people dine.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of April 2019):
- Reached a global customer base of over 20 countries operating in 100+ cities
- Has now processed over $480 million in prepaid reservations
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with Chase Pay & Ultimate Rewards
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with WineDirect
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Our team is very good at taking care of their areas of expertise. We need a Jack or Jill of all trades to help take care of the team. You’ll also help to manage the daily schedule and calendar of our executive team. You’ll purchase all office assets, maintain office supplies and groceries and coordinate team meals with our catering partner. Fear not, our office manager isn’t just a paper pusher, the job requires a go-getter who can organize and manage an office. Long and short? We’ve got a fantastic team and they need super support. That’s where you come in.
What we're looking for
- Office management and/or executive assistant experience (2-4 years)
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Computer skills, with solid experience using G Suite
- Hard-working self-starter with a “can do” attitude and desire to help others
What you’ll do
- Coordinate meetings and calls for executives and keep their schedules up to date
- Maintain and purchase office supplies, snacks
- Coordinate weekly lunch with our catering partner
- Keep conference rooms in professional appearance (e.g., whiteboards are clean)
- Welcome guests visiting our office
- Manage miscellaneous office related tasks that arise
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch
- Nitro coffee on tap
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.