We are an extremely passionate group dedicated to changing the world of reservations.
Product Designer — Chicago, IL
Tock is reimagining how chefs, restaurants, and wineries across the world run their businesses and manage reservations.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005 - now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Knowing there had to be a solution, Nick started work on a new reservation system. The homemade platform was a success, nearly eliminating no-shows and dramatically improving the guest experience. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn this simple idea into a robust platform to change the way people dine.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of April 2019):
- Reached a global customer base of over 20 countries operating in 100+ cities
- Has now processed over $480 million in prepaid reservations
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with Chase Pay & Ultimate Rewards
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with WineDirect
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
About the position
We’re looking for a Product Designer to support the exploration, strategy, and design of new features, seeking to change how the restaurant industry operates and how guests across the world explore, discover, and book reservations. You'll be responsible for prototyping, designing, building, and iterating on ideas alongside your design and engineering teammates.
- You have experience working on SaaS products or consumer-facing apps
- You have a portfolio of work that shows you've designed and shipped products relying on customer research and data
- You have experience iterating on designs and products based on feedback, data, and insights
- You have a strong knowledge of industry standard prototyping and design tools
- You're curious about the problems Tock is solving and interested in questioning restaurant conventions
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch
- Nitro coffee on tap
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.