Senior Product Designer, GuestsChicago, IL or Remote
Tock (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Squarespace) is the only all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Tock’s explosive growth:
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" for 2021
- Awarded Built In’s “2021 Best Places to Work”
- Awarded America’s Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with Chase Pay & Ultimate Rewards and WineDirect
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
About the position
As a Senior Product Designer on the Guests team, you’ll join us and our mission to create the best place to explore and book great dining experiences. We’ve designed a solid foundation for our millions of users, but we can do so much more. We can be more than just a tool—we want to be a trusted guide for all the curious culinary adventure seekers. We want to help anyone find the perfect dinner reservation or the most unique event or the best takeout.
This is where you come in. You’ll reimagine how guests search and discover the thousands of amazing restaurants and wineries on Tock. You’ll explore how we can better curate and personalize search results. You’ll collaborate on a new, unique membership program for our most dedicated users. You’ll bring serious visual design skill to shape our growing design system and bring our exciting rebrand to life. You’ll do all of this while considering how we can make major improvements to our mobile and app experience.
More about the Guests team: many of life's special moments are celebrated out to eat, and with thousands of wonderful restaurants, wineries, and culinary destinations around the world on Tock, we have an opportunity to help make those special moments happen. That’s what the Guests team is all about. We’re creating an impressive search and discovery network that connects businesses with millions of diners, delighting guests but more importantly helping our customers and their businesses thrive in such uncertain times.
The Senior Product Designer position can be located in Chicago or work remote from anywhere in the USA.
All Tock employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
What we're looking for
- At least 5 years of experience designing and shipping products with a portfolio to demonstrate
- Experience designing for mobile and web
- Experience with consumer-facing products
What you'll do
- Explore ideas and solutions to some of our most exciting and important challenges
- Define and shape strategy with your product teammates
- Create prototypes to test and validate your ideas
- Produce intuitive, beautiful, and user-centered designs
- Work alongside your engineering teammates to see projects through
- Iterate often and ship quickly while always advocating for quality
- Support your design teammates by providing candid and constructive feedback on their own projects
- Contribute to our growing design system and brand identity
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free snacks in Chicago office
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.