Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) — Chicago, IL
Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business. This includes a robust reservation, guest, and table management system for businesses of all sizes across the globe.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005 - now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Knowing there had to be a solution, Nick started work on a new reservation system. The homemade platform was a success. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn this simple idea into a robust platform to change the way people dine around the world.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of October 2019):
- Reached a global customer base of over 1,600 businesses in over 28 countries operating in 100+ cities
- Booked over 20 million guests
- Processed over $600 million in prepaid reservations
- Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative companies
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
What we’re looking for
What you’ll do
You'll be helping us build the next generation restaurant ticketing system, based on the tried and true (and proven) system deployed at world-class restaurants such as Alinea, Next, The French Laundry, and more. We're looking for engineers who are generalists—you'll be working with a mix of front and back-end web development tools. Our team is pretty small (almost a dozen engineers and a few designers), and undergoing exponential growth, so there's a great opportunity for you to make a difference.
- Build next-generation web applications that are fast and responsive
- Be able to build a feature or enhancement, starting with engineering design taking it all the way to production
- Contribute to core team culture and contribute code to efforts across a fast-growing company
- Support, maintain and upgrade code and participate in necessary design and implementation of a complex system
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Pre-tax transit benefit
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch
- Nitro coffee on tap
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.