Senior Software Engineer, Developer ProductivityChicago, IL
Tock is the only all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Tock’s explosive growth:
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" for 2021
- Awarded Built In’s “2021 Best Places to Work”
- Awarded America’s Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with Chase Pay & Ultimate Rewards and WineDirect
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
About the position
Tock is looking for an experienced engineer to partner with the rest of our engineering organization (including SRE and QA) to reduce toil and improve security, reliability, and developer velocity during a time of dramatic growth. You'll be part of a dynamic group, working alongside some of the world’s best Chefs, accomplished entrepreneurs, and world-famous restaurant owners. The ideal candidate is interested in working in a fast-paced, startup environment and is excited about the restaurant and hospitality industry.
What we’re looking for
What you’ll do
- Identify opportunities to measurably improve engineering productivity through automation, workflow/process improvements, and development of production-quality tools.
- Strengthen our application and environment security, applying standards and best practices and providing tooling to make development workflows more secure.
- Work with SRE to accelerate our adoption of Config as Code and Infrastructure as Code.
- Work with QA to improve release automation and test infrastructure.
- Maintain and modernize our CI/CD pipeline and help shape the open source and SAAS services we use to support engineering and ops.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.