Technical Product ManagerChicago, IL
Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe. This includes a robust reservation, pickup and delivery, guest, and table management system for businesses of all sizes.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005—now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. From the start they were spending an average of $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations, problems Nick wanted to solve. Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to do just that — to design and develop a new, robust reservation platform to change the way people around the world search, book, and dine.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of May 2020):
- Awarded Built In’s “2020 Best Places to Work”
- Announced Tock’s platform will be powering JP Morgan Chase’s new Dining Program
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed almost $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
About the position
As a technical product manager on the team, you’ll be responsible for managing, communicating, and executing on Tock’s numerous integrations with our partners and third party systems. You’ll be eager and excited to wear many hats and can demonstrate that you can understand and provide input on technical decisions, while clearly communicating them to the business. You’ll be comfortable rolling up your sleeves to support our team by staying involved in the details while maintaining a high-level perspective of the project at hand.
- Minimum 3 years of product management experience
- Minimum 4 years of coding or engineering experience
- You have outstanding organizational and presentation skills
- You are skilled at driving cross-functional partnerships with internal teams and building relationships with external partners
- You have a solid track record of leading multiple complex, cross-functional projects
- You demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive issues to completion
- You have experience working with engineers and understand technical issues, and clearly communicating technical issues to the business
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.