Visual DesignerChicago, IL
Tock is the only all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Tock’s explosive growth:
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" for 2021
- Awarded Built In’s “2021 Best Places to Work”
- Awarded America’s Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with Chase Pay & Ultimate Rewards and WineDirect
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
About the Marketing team
The Marketing team is a small but mighty crew of seven. We are tasked with the exciting responsibility of growing Tock’s brand and building awareness for our company and product. We are creative, nimble, and passionate about helping our customers, supporting our sales team, and attracting guests to discover and book great dining experiences.
You would join as the third designer on the Marketing team, but would also be part of our larger, collaborative, cross-functional Product Design team. Although we may hold different responsibilities, we support each other and explore ideas and projects together, because our mission, brand, and visual identity touch and impact everything we do.
About the position
We are looking for a brand-obsessed visual designer with a strong background in graphic design and a love for all things food and dining. You’ll design a wide range of projects—from ads, email newsletters, sales collateral, and social posts, to collaborating on websites, landing pages, and larger campaigns. But you’d also ask, what more can we do? How might we build a brand that showcases our quality, knowledge, and passion? You’d bring ideas that would level-up our visual brand while maintaining a high standard across all projects. You’d support our sales team with communication assets so they can more powerfully pitch Tock and onboard new restaurants. You’d contribute to our guest outreach efforts and explore creative ways we can increase awareness and engagement—think editorial content, travel guides, dining newsletters, restaurant spotlights, interviews with chefs, behind the scenes interviews.
What were looking for
- 3-5 years of experience as a design generalist with a digital focus.
- Stellar portfolio that demonstrates great typographic and layout skills and showcases creative problem solving.
- Curious about the problems Tock is solving.
- Eager to work in a small, scrappy, fast-paced startup environment that allows you to take on many responsibilities and own many projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, can manage multiple projects, and are comfortable working towards deadlines.
- Excited to learn new mediums, software, and techniques—we value a do-it-yourself mindset.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign) and Figma/Sketch.
- Prefer Chicago-based but open to a remote position.
What you’ll do
- Work independently and collaboratively on projects and tasks to support the marketing team.
- Collaborate internally with sales, account management, and design teams.
- Keep up with and set trends in the reservation/experiences space.
- Source, prepare, and maintain photo assets for marketing/design projects.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave