Quick tips for email marketing
Guest email marketing is a great way to reach your guests and build an audience, while increasing booking and revenue. Using MailChimp is easy to do.You can do it on your terms--when you want and where--and you get to use your voice. Show your guests who you are and remind them why they need to keep coming back. Here are a few quick tips to get you started.
- Keep it short. People’s inboxes are crowded and we’re often clicking through them on the go. Provide valuable information, but stick to the point. Typically, less is more. If you want to go longer, break up the email into several sections.
- Beautiful photography goes a long way. Take the time to secure quality images of new dishes, the space, and your staff.
- Reward your guests for subscribing to your newsletter, and we don’t mean with coupons. Give them sneak peaks of a new menu. Show them what’s going on behind the scenes. Tell a story. If you can swing it, and you would like to offer up a drink or a dessert, do so strategically, on a night that doesn’t see as much traction.
- Be genuine. Don’t just sell. Provide something of value. Brainstorm creative content that your guests will enjoy seeing in their inbox. You’re a hospitality pro. How can that shine in the form of an email?
- Don’t forget your CTA. It’s vital that you give your reader a clear call-to-action. For example, if you’re announcing a new seasonal menu, be sure to include a large “Make a reservation” button that directs the reader to your Tock page.
- Put some effort into the subject line. This is the first thing your guest will see. We find that short works best, but feel free to experiment.
New to Tock?
We'd love to show you around.Request a demo