Established in 1875, The Kentucky Derby is the longest-running sporting event in the United States. Across the country, revelers celebrate with ornate hats, bourbon, and hot brown sandwiches. But you might be wondering, what does this have to do with your restaurant, winery, or bar?
In the past few years, we’ve seen businesses on Tock make a killing with Derby Day events. One of the biggest parties takes place in Santa Rosa, California at Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate & Gardens. Here, the team sets up food stations, a hat milliner, a live band, and a caricature artist.
But don’t worry; you don’t need an entire wine estate to generate revenue. Below are a few real examples of what Tock businesses are doing this year to make Derby Day a success. Read on for inspiration and get your Derby Day event live on Tock today.
- In downtown Hanover, PA, McAllister’s on York will host a watch party with an all-day Kentucky food menu. Kentucky couture encouraged. Tickets are only $10.
- The Chef’s Table is cooking up a 6-course Derby Week tasting menu with welcome cocktails and wine pairings (all-inclusive for $400). This one will stay true to their brand with an intimate, yet lively atmosphere.
- The Lodge at St. Edward State Park will set the mood for their Kenmore, WA viewing party with roses, mint juleps, and whimsical party favors. Tickets are listed at $65.
- Chicago’s I|O Godfrey is back with their 10th annual viewing event. This team goes all out with bourbon tasting classes every half hour, a photo booth, and prizes for best dressed. Tickets range from $30 for general admission all the way to $2,500 for a premium booth.
- Casual sports bar Joe’s on Weed St. is utilizing their rooftop space to host their Derby party with entry as low as $5-$10
No matter how you spin it, Derby Day offers your business an opportunity to sell specials, sell tickets, and generate revenue. Get creative and get those offerings live on Tock now.