A restaurant embracing the history of Detroit's industrial reach. The cinder block building that housed neighborhood fare for decades has received new life to further the tradition of hand-made, thought-out food and beverage. Expect personal service, handwritten menus, and a fresh, comfortable atmosphere. Food and beverage selections rotate with the seasons and availability of local farm products, with no set menu. Everything is handmade from scratch, with fresh, ethical ingredients from Chef...
- Restaurant of the YearDetroit Free Press, 2017
- People's Best New ChefFood & Wine Magazine, 2015
- Best Chef: Great Lakes Region, SemifinalistJames Beard Foundation, 2020
- Best Chef: Great Lakes Region, SemifinalistJames Beard Foundation, 2019
- Best Chef: Great Lakes Region, SemifinalistJames Beard Foundation, 2018
- Best Chef: Great Lakes Region, SemifinalistJames Beard Foundation, 2017
The patio is covered by an awning and siding. Most tables are picnic tables.
As winter approaches, temperatures are getting cool. We do have heaters but you are more than welcome and encouraged to...
- Reservation for parties of 2 to 6
- $25 deposit per person
- $3 Credit Processing Fee
Chef James will show you techniques and tricks for making the flavorful, satisfying vegan food you've come to love at Mabel Gray. Kits to be picked up on Saturday, December 5th between 12 and 2 pm....
- Saturday, Dec 5, 2020
- 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- $125 per ticket
Hours and location
If you are interested in learning more about our offerings, please fill out the request form and we will contact you to discuss details.Request information