For centuries Italy consisted of separate republics, each with different culinary customs. These varying cooking practices, which were passed down from generation to generation, contributed to the diversity of Italian cuisine, which combines the health benefits of a Mediterranean diet with a wide choice of seasonal ingredients and regional flavours.
Explore the wonderfully diverse and delicious world of Italian food! After the cooking is complete, take off your apron and savour the results of your labour with a glass of wine. Perfect for the beginner to intermediate home cook.
• Whey Polenta Cake with Mushrooms and Ricotta
• Caesar Salad
• Chicken Piccata with Buttered Noodles and Broccoli
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cake with Poached Pear and Torched Meringue
Instructor: Eli Silverthorne
Class Time: 6:00 – 9:00pm
Location: SCS Kitchens, 136 Ontario Street, Stratford ON N5A 7Y4
THE FINE PRINT:
1. Classes are for participants 16 years and older.
2. Class participants are required to wear closed toed shoes.
3. Class participants will be provided with an apron and all necessary tools and equipment.
4. Menus, recipes and instructors are subject to change as required.
Photos: Terry Manzo