Welcome Wine Club is a wine club for the wine curious. Each month we put two bottles of the same grape side by side. Both will be thoughtfully sourced from small producers committed to responsible farming and minimal-intervention winemaking.
But one wine will be Old School — a classic example of where and how it has traditionally been made. The other will be New School — an outside of the box example of what the grape can be.
We’ll set you up with the info you need to understand the differences and some opportunities to go a little deeper with each wine. Whether Old School or New School — they'll be delicious, affordable and made how wine should be.
You'll also have the chance to get some happiness inducing add ons — always a plant, sometimes other stuff too.
THIS MONTH'S HAUL
- Grape of the month: Rosé (we know, not a grape)
+ Old School — Triennes Rose 2020
+ New School — Tiberio Cerasuolo 2020
- SOLD OUT: Add on #1 — 4" Peperomia Caperata
- Add on #2 — Chicago Flag Wine Stopper from BeauLouDesigns
- Donation — $2/bottle will be donated to Brave Space Alliance. Brave Space Alliance is the first Black-led, trans-led LGBTQ+ Center located on the South Side of Chicago, dedicated to creating and providing affirming, culturally competent, for-us by-us resources, programming, and services for LGBTQ+ individuals on the South and West sides of the city.
HOW IT WORKS
- Place your wine club order ($45) by Monday, June 21 at 10 PM. No monthly commitment.
- Pick up your package at Surge Billiards (3716 W Fullerton Ave) in Logan Square between 5 PM and 7 PM on Thursday, June 24.
If you want the wine, but can't make the pick up time, shoot us an email at email@example.com and we'll work something out.
- (Optional) Head home and jump on your computer for an 8 PM virtual tasting (6/24)
Must be 21+. Chicagoland residents only.
Welcome Wine Club is curated by Plant Shop, Wine Shop in partnership with Surge Billiards.
If you are interested in learning more about our offerings, please fill out the request form and we will contact you to discuss details.Request information