Thip Khao is the first full-service Lao restaurant in Washington, DC and one of the first few in the country when it opened in 2014 by Chef Seng and Chef Boby. Our mission is to introduce a cuisine unique to other Asian concepts while maintaining the true integrity of the flavors she grew up to. She wants to bring all the funk, spice, and herbaceous qualities! Her approach to home-style cooking lends to bringing her soul and family heritage to the guest experience. She grew up cooking at a...
- Michelin Bib Gourmand2020
- 100 Very Best RestaurantsWashingtonian, 2020
- 2 StarsThe Washington Post, 2015
- 50 Best New Restaurants in AmericaBon Appétit Magazine, 2015
PLEASE FULLY READ BEFORE BOOKING A RESERVATION
Reservation-only Patio Seating
Deposit of $20 per person - will be refunded through Tock (separate from the entire bill)
Tables up to 4...
- Reservation for parties of 1 to 4
- $20 deposit per person
Thip Khao's A la Carte Contactless Carryout Menu allows guests an opportunity to choose any 15 items of our greatest hits! If unable to secure a patio reservation or do not feel comfortable dining...
Order nowView menu
- Prepaid pickup for parties of 1 to 10