Celebrate the spring, relax with Japanese calligraphy along with Japanese premium tea and sweets.
A local Japanese brush calligraphy instructor, Tomoko Hetherington introduces Shakyo, a unique experience of brush calligraphy and meditation combined.
You will write/trace about 300 Chinese characters of Hannya Shingyo, one of the Buddhist sutra text books by hand. Shakyo is a form of meditation and is very popular in Japan these days. Tomoko will give brush calligraphy and step- by- step Shakyo instructions. All materials you need will be provided.
The workshop included:
· 2 Japanese Mino Washi calligraphy tracing sheets of Heart Sutra (18” x 11.75” or 46cm x 27cm)
· 1 Japanese Mino Washi calligraphy blank sheet (18”x 11.75” or 46cm X 27cm)
· Practice sheets/papers
· 1 brush calligraphy pen for copying Sutra
· Instruction for 60~90 minutes
· Premium grade Japanese tea we specially sourced and Japanese traditional sweets