Pinot Noir and mushrooms are a classic pairing! The graceful tannins & fruit notes of our Anderson Valley Pinot Noir wine complement the earthy, umami mushroom flavors with perfection. From shiitake to trumpet and porcini to candy cap, the variety of locally foraged and farmed fungi will delight the senses as our Winery Chefs share tips and tricks on making the perfect selections for your friends and family to enjoy.
- Bruschetta with Wild Mushrooms and Wagon Wheel Cheese
- Shiitake and Kale Cigars with Yuzu Aioli
- Prosciutto-wrapped King Trumpet Mushrooms
At the table
- Sherried Mushroom Soup with Chive Crème Fraiche
- Porcini Dusted Pork Tenderloin with Soft Mushroom Polenta
- Candy Cap Mushroom Bread Pudding
All classes are participation style and include the class, a tour of the winery and culinary gardens (weather permitting), an appetizer reception and a three-course lunch paired with Cakebread Cellars wines. All participants leave with a Cakebread Cellars apron, a booklet of recipes and wine notes from the day, some great memories and quite often, new friends!