Join us in celebration of the 2022 Virginia Governor’s Cup® held in Richmond's Main Street Station. This one-of-a-kind, annual event offers a unique chance to taste the top Virginia wines produced across the Commonwealth in one evening. Doors open at 4:30 p.m.
- Taste 100+ gold medal-winning wines from the 2022 Governor’s Cup® competition.
- Sample a variety of bites and fares prepared by local chefs.
- Witness the unveiling of this year’s Governor’s Cup® Case, Cup & Best in Show Cider winners.
- Participate in an auction hosted by the V Foundation with proceeds going towards cancer research.
Unlock more with the limited VIP experience:
- Entry to a fully catered VIP tasting lounge, including meet and greet with Governor’s Cup® Case-winning winemakers and special pourings.
- Intimate post-event vintner dinner at Common House Richmond featuring a multi-course tasting menu paired with the 2022 Governor’s Cup® winners, guided by the winemakers themselves. Transportation provided.
- Exclusive Winery Passport: Complimentary tastings for ticket holders and a guest at each of the Virginia Governor’s Cup® Case winning wineries valid through 12/31/2022.
- Preferred seating during the awards reveal of the Virginia Governor’s Cup® winners.
- VIP Parking.
The Virginia Governor's Cup® is one of the most stringent competitions in the U.S. Each year, world-class judges gather to sample hundreds of the best Virginia wines. The highest 12-ranking red and white wines will become the Governor's Cup® Case, with one bottle taking home the coveted Governor's Cup®. For the second year, Best in Show Cider will be awarded. The competition is hosted by the Virginia Wineries Association.
The V Foundation will be hosting a silent auction with proceeds going toward cancer research. The V Foundation for Cancer Research was founded in 1993 by ESPN and the late Jim Valvano. Since 1993, the foundation has funded more than $290 million in cancer research grants nationwide.