Learn foundational cooking methods as taught in our Professional Program. This is your opportunity to explore cooking techniques through a series of twelve 4-hour hands-on, Sunday evening classes. These intensive workshops are perfect for the advanced home cook who is looking to hone their dinner party skills!
Chef Instructor: ELI SILVERTHORNE
CLASS DATES (revised) and METHODS:
1. Sunday February 13, 2022 | Boiling
2. Sunday February 20, 2022 | Poaching
3. Sunday February 27, 2022 | Pan-Frying
4. Sunday March 6, 2022 | Sautéing
5. Sunday March 13, 2022 | Stir-Frying
6. Sunday March 20, 2022 | Deep-Frying
7. Sunday March 27, 2022 | Braising & Stewing
8. Sunday April 3, 2022 | Roasting & Baking
9. Sunday April 10, 2022 | Steaming
10. Sunday April 24, 2022 | Grilling
11 Sunday May 1, 2022 | Salting, Smoking, Pickling & Fermentation
12. Sunday May 8, 2022 | Group Dinner
12 Class Series ticket price: $1200 + HST
Learn more about the class content and menus at the link below:
THE FINE PRINT:
1. Classes are for participants 16 years and older.
2. Class participants are required to wear closed toed shoes.
3. Class participants will be provided with an apron and all necessary tools and equipment.
4. Menus, recipes and instructors are subject to change as required.
5. Proof of full Covid 19 vaccination is required to enter the School facility.
6. Classes will be held from 4pm - 8pm on each scheduled Sunday.
7. All pre-paid Open Kitchen Cooking Class reservations are non-refundable. If you are feeling unwell, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or are unable to attend due to inclement winter weather, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternate options.
** May 8/22 Group Dinner meal for two guests per participant is included in the course fee.
Limited additional guest spots will be available for $40 per person.
Optional wine pairings (15 oz) will be available for $20 per person.
Photos: Terry Manzo