Senior Product Designer — Chicago, IL
Tock is reimagining how chefs, restaurants, and wineries across the world run their businesses and manage reservations.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005 - now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Knowing there had to be a solution, Nick started work on a new reservation system. The homemade platform was a success, nearly eliminating no-shows and dramatically improving the guest experience. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn this simple idea into a robust platform to change the way people dine.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of June 2019):
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 23 countries operating in 100+ cities
- Has now processed over half a billion dollars in prepaid reservations
About the position
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to lead the exploration, strategy, and design of new features, seeking to change how the restaurant industry operates and how guests across the world explore, discover, and book reservations. You'll be responsible for research, prototyping, designing, building, and iterating on your ideas alongside your design and engineering teammates.
- You're capable of leading projects from start to finish and have strong leadership skills to foster a healthy environment between design and engineering
- You're curious about the problems Tock is solving and interested in questioning restaurant conventions
- You have a deep knowledge of industry standard prototyping tools
- You can create beautiful, high-fidelity designs
- You have high standards for how your designs look and work but you strive to ship quickly and iterate frequently based on feedback
- You're driven by metrics, data, and research while always vouching for and empathizing with the end user
- You keep the business's constraints (time, budget, competition, etc.) in mind while exploring design solutions
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch
- Nitro coffee on tap
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.