Senior Product DesignerChicago, IL
Tock is the only all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Tock’s explosive growth:
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" for 2021
- Awarded Built In’s “2021 Best Places to Work”
- Awarded America’s Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with Chase Pay & Ultimate Rewards and WineDirect
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
Let us introduce ourselves
We are a small, passionate team of product designers who all share a love for food and dining. As designers, though, we each have our own unique skills and passions. Some love diving into user research, some focus on visual design, and some are eager to prototype and code. Wherever you fall on the design spectrum, we all wear the title of product designer. We solve problems through design and are armed with a variety of tools—pixels, prototypes, words, and research.
Over 5,000 restaurants, bars, and wineries, from local favorites to the world’s best, use Tock to manage reservations, book pickup and delivery orders, reduce no-shows, increase sales, and improve hospitality. And we get to design all that! But what motivates us most is how much our customers credit Tock for their viability and success—especially now. We didn’t slow down or stand idle when the pandemic made waves across the hospitality industry. Instead, over a weekend in early March, we quickly spun up a new pickup and delivery feature to keep our customers up and running. Fast forward to today and we haven’t stopped rolling out new features to keep businesses afloat amidst the craziness, with thousands of new customers having joined along the way. But we’re not done—we have big plans for 2021 and our guest experience.
About the position
We’re looking for a Product Designer in Chicago to join the Guests team within our larger product team.
Our mission on the Guests team
We want to become the best place to explore and book great dining experiences. We want to create raving fans with a simple but enjoyable guest experience. You’ll be responsible for elevating Tock—both our brand and our consumer-facing product—to achieve that mission. You’ll reimagine how guests search and discover our many restaurants and wineries, how they book and manage their reservations, and how we add our own insightful content and personalized recommendations.
It’s an opportunity that’s incredibly rewarding for those who love solving big problems. We work closely with leadership and stakeholders across the company to develop business objectives, gather insights, prioritize problems and ideas, explore solutions, and coordinate feature releases. We interact directly with our customers to collect feedback and learn how we can help them run a better business. We sit alongside our engineers to explore creative solutions and push the boundaries on what’s possible. The hard questions, like what do we do, what do we work on next, how does it work all, and why, fall on us to answer.
- You are curious about the problems Tock is solving
- You are capable of seeing design projects through from start to finish, working alongside a team to research, design, and launch products
- You have strong collaborative spirit, ready to foster a healthy environment between design and engineering
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and are confident pitching ideas to your product team peers
- You’re comfortable with industry standard prototyping tools
- You can create beautiful, high-fidelity designs
- You have high standards for how your designs look and work but you strive to ship quickly and iterate frequently based on feedback
- You are driven by metrics, data, and research while always empathizing with the user
- You keep the business's constraints (time, budget, competition, etc.) in mind while exploring design solutions
- You have at least 5 years of product design experience
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.